Thursday, November 22, 2012

Beading process

Today I am going to share my beading process with you guys..

I talked to a friend a few days ago and both she and I came to realize we have really different ways of thinking LOL Well when it comes to our creative process that is. 

I use a lot of time on "research" with that I mean, I have a BOARD on pinterest for jewelry, I usually use it for inspiration, color, stitch or something totally different or if I want to bead and just don't know what to bead, a bead fix I call it ;) 

In this particular process I am going to share with you, I will work from a theme. 

I am in a bead swap group here in Denmark, and we are swapping beads and we have to make something from them according to a theme. 

Today's theme is WINTER! 

First I looked through my board, (feel free to follow me in pinterest BTW)

Okay I gathered all the beads I had I felt was perfect for the theme. Let the inspiration flow...

The swapped beads are in the brown square lit. ;) And sorry the mess LOL I work really good like this when I am brainstorming

And now it is time for some doodling on my paper

When I doodle I do not think about how can I do this, or do I know how to do this stitch, I just doodle. ;) Many of these ideas will change a lot, some way turn out totally different later, I'll show you..

The top drawing the the teardrop, I wanted to make a spiral rope with twin beads, but as I made the spiral I realized I would not have enough beads for a necklace, plus it was WAY to thick for that kind of necklace, so it became a bracelet instead. I am really happy with it. It was only my second time making a spiral rope. When I came across the tutorial I knew I wanted to try it ;) spiral rope with twin beads




The next one I wanted to give ago was another necklace. The one with the side drilled triangle bead ;) When I started this piece, I wanted to make this particular necklace, and it was so much fun, But when I needed to attach the triangle bead, my pendant, I didn't think it went very well with the rest, so my necklace became a bracelet. 


I haven't had time for the rest of the ideas, yet, but check back and I will keep this updated. Please also if you'd like to share your process with me feel free to write to me ;) 

The plans I had for the coin bead changed a few times during the process, then I found a Russian tutorial, and I had to do it, A few changes though more rounds of peyote and fewer beads to go around, other than that it is pretty much the same as in the tutorial. I am still not finished with it, need to make a chain or something, not sure I have the right idea just yet. Here it is:

Front


 Back


The tutorial I used you can find here: pendant

Also I made some earrings also in the winter theme, darker more frozen winter though, but they turned out really well, the picture did not, bear with me.


Here's a little more

The earrings I drew with the freshwater pearls, I finally made them.


And the chain idea to my pendant, well it became a simple necklace on it's own





No comments:

Post a Comment